B.A./B.S. in History – Online
Look back. Forge ahead.
How do the actions of our past affect the current world? This research-focused history degree program, delivered online by Oregon State Ecampus, explores that question and more to prepare students for successful careers as leading thinkers in the workforce.
Students immerse themselves in a robust program to better understand contemporary global issues by searching for patterns and relationships from our history. In addition, students will gain well-rounded intellectual development and essential career skills in critical thinking, writing, argumentation and documentation.
The curriculum is developed and taught by Oregon State professors and instructors through OSU's College of Liberal Arts, which is ranked No. 1 in the nation for The courses are delivered online by OSU Ecampus.
Advantages of an online History degree from OSU's School of History, Philosophy, and Religion (SHPR):
- Join the SHPR community, made up of students and alumni from all 50 states, 11 countries, as well as active military service members and veterans.
- Engage with historical sources and compose an original research project in the HST 407 Research Seminar.
- Connect to the broad network of OSU history majors by joining the History Students Association (HSA).
- Build your critical skill set and prepare for success after graduation by participating in the .
- Scholarships and awards are available for history majors.
Benefits of learning online with Oregon State
- All classes are developed by OSU's world-class faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU Ecampus students receive the same diploma as on-campus students.
Get the support you need
Our goal is to help you succeed. That’s why, as an OSU Ecampus student, you’ll have access to vital resources like success coaching, library services, free online tutoring and career guidance – making your online learning experience collaborative and rewarding.