Graduate Certificate in Wildlife Management – Online
Get hands-on to ensure the well-being of wildlife
Oregon State's wildlife management graduate certificate prepares you to identify effective solutions to complex wildlife management challenges. You'll gain the knowledge needed to handle many different local, national and international issues in the management of wildlife resources.
This is a flexible program, with a large number of courses that can be tailored to fit your interests. Courses are taught by OSU's faculty and delivered online through Ecampus – a national leader in online education.
The wildlife management graduate certificate will benefit you in three ways:
- Prepare you to apply to graduate school in a similar discipline.
- Provide advancement in your current position as a wildlife professional.
- Provide graduate coursework that can contribute to your qualifications for agency employment or certification by professional societies.
Learn from a nationally recognized program
The Department of Fisheries and Wildlife is part of OSU's College of Agricultural Sciences, which is recognized as a world-class leader in the industry. The college ranks in the top 25 out of more than 3,000 universities in a .
Apply your graduate certificate toward a master’s degree
The specialized knowledge you gain through the wildlife management graduate certificate program can serve as a pathway to Oregon State’s 45-credit online Professional Science Master's in Fisheries and Wildlife Administration (PSMFWA) degree or the online Master of Natural Resources (MNR) degree program.
- Credits earned while completing your graduate certificate may be applied to either master's degree
- Connect with faculty who can potentially serve as your major professor for the master's program
- Bypass the GRE requirement for MNR (and possibly PSMFWA) admission
- Apply to a subsequent master's program at no cost
- Smoothly transition into the MNR program as a currently admitted student
Students planning to use credits from a graduate certificate towards a master’s degree should discuss transfer credit policies with an advisor in advance.
Benefits of learning online with Oregon State
- All classes are developed by Oregon State faculty who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation in natural resources and science fields.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same transcripts as on-campus students, and credits transfer to most higher education institutions.
- Oregon State is considered America's natural resources university and recognized internationally for its research.
Bruce Dugger, Ph.D
Associate department head, director of online graduate programs
Susie Dunham, Ph.D.
Graduate program coordinator, academic advisor, instructor