Graduate Certificate in Urban Forestry – Online
Manage trees where we work, live and play
The Oregon State University Graduate Certificate in Urban Forestry prepares you to think both scientifically and strategically. You will learn to effectively apply the principles of urban forestry, green infrastructure, planning, policy, management, and leadership to the stewardship of urban forests and the administration of urban forestry programs.
By completing this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to address complex urban natural resource issues at national, state, or local levels.
The Graduate Certificate in Urban Forestry program at Oregon State is the first of its kind offered online. Courses are delivered through Ecampus – a national leader in online education. No other university in North America currently offers a graduate urban forestry education in this flexible, accessible format. The knowledge and skills you gain from this program will help you:
- Advance your urban forestry program through improved planning, management, and leadership approaches
- Address critical natural resource challenges such as climate change and invasive species
- Make your cities more livable by effectively capitalizing on the economic, environmental and social benefits that urban trees provide
Learn from a world-class university
Oregon State University's College of Forestry has been educating professionals for more than a century. The college has earned a reputation as a world-class center of teaching and learning about forests and related resources.
Oregon State is a land, sea, space and sun-grant institution. It is Oregon's only university to hold both the Carnegie Foundation's top designation for research institutions and its prestigious Community Engagement classification.
Benefits of an Oregon State University online program
- All classes are developed by Oregon State's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation in natural resources and science fields.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same credits as on-campus students, and credits transfer to most higher education institutions.
- OSU Ecampus is consistently ranked as one of the nation's best providers of online education.
- Students can complete their courses from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.