Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Natural Resources – Online
Search for innovative solutions to global issues
Earn your Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Natural Resources from Oregon State University, a research institution renowned for its expertise in natural resources. This 18-credit online certificate is designed for all students, especially company, industry or agency employees who desire training in solving complex sustainability problems.
You'll complete an integrated course of study in a dynamic learning community under the mentorship of professionals to design workable solutions for complex natural resource issues of local, national and international importance.
Apply your graduate certificate toward a master’s degree
The specialized knowledge you gain through the sustainable natural resources graduate certificate program can serve as a pathway to Oregon State’s 45-credit Master of Natural Resources (MNR) program online.
The 18 credits you earn may satisfy your area of emphasis requirement for MNR, and you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Connect with faculty who can potentially serve as your MNR advisor
- Bypass the GRE requirement for MNR admission
- Apply for a change of degree at no cost
- Smoothly transition into the MNR program as a currently admitted student
- Meet the preferred requirement for natural resources-related work or volunteer experience
Students planning to use credits from a graduate certificate towards a master’s degree should discuss transfer credit policies with an advisor in advance.
Please note: It’s important that you apply to change your degree program to MNR while you’re a current student in good standing in your graduate certificate program. It is also important that you wait to take MNR core classes until after you apply to change your degree program to MNR. Visit the Master of Natural Resources admissions page for details.
Benefits of learning online with Oregon State
- All classes are developed by Oregon State's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU's College of Forestry, which offers this online program, is recognized as a world-class leader in the industry, ranking ninth in of more than 3,000 universities.
- Oregon State is a member of the Natural Resources Distance Learning Consortium (NRDLC), which includes seven universities that work together to deliver more than 300 courses online to agency professionals.
- Students who study online receive the same transcript as OSU's on-campus students.