Graduate Certificate in Rural Policy – Online
Solutions for rural places on a global scale
Rural communities – whether they are isolated geographically or sit just outside sprawling urban boundaries – face extraordinarily complex challenges that demand the attention of passionate people like you who are primed to become tomorrow’s public policy leaders. That starts by adding a Graduate Certificate in Rural Policy online from Oregon State University to your résumé.
Backed by Oregon State’s long-standing reputation as a leader in research and teaching rural studies, you’ll gain the ability to assess, develop and implement policy solutions that can improve the future of rural communities. Learn to identify how existing knowledge about rural policy addresses the dilemmas and concerns you will encounter in your work or service.
Professionals with this kind of training are able to address issues such as:
- The interdependency of rural and urban places, requiring new forms of governance and collaboration.
- How to grow opportunities for rural places to thrive, accommodating diverse and changing populations, whether they be arriving retirees, international immigrants, or ambitious young people deciding to stay or leave.
- Providing effective health and social services.
- Maintaining and building on the special assets and qualities of rural places.
Add a credential to your professional skill set
Once you complete this 18-credit, 100% online certificate program, you'll have a deeper understanding of the complexities involved with serving rural communities to expand your career in a broad range of fields.
You also have the opportunity to engage in rural policy research and internships, both in the United States and around the world, by working closely with OSU’s , and the Canadian-based .
Benefits of learning online with Oregon State
- All classes are developed by OSU's world-class faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Oregon State has the experience and insights from working in rural communities and in collaboration with the , and other well-respected organizations whose work impacts rural policy.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU Ecampus students receive the same certificate and credential as on-campus students.
NOTE: The U.S. Department of Education has approved this certificate for federal financial aid eligibility as part of a full degree program, but not as an independent certificate program. Alternate funding sources (e.g. loans, private funds) may be required to cover the costs associated with this program.