Master of Public Health – Online
Take on our greatest challenges to health
Oregon State University’s Master of Public Health – Public Health Practice (MPH–PHP) online degree program will provide you the skills, knowledge and credentials to prepare you to be a thriving public health professional and to take on leadership roles informing public health action.
The 60-credit MPH-PHP program is designed for early to mid-career professionals who want to find novel solutions to complex public health problems. From health policy to health promotion, and epidemiology to health systems, you'll acquire the skills needed to take on the task of improving the population’s health by learning to manage resources and influence health policy and practice at the local, state, national and international level.
"We believe health is a human right."
Your vision for a healthier future starts with our MPH online. Read more »
Ask us more about the MPH program
Do you have questions about the curriculum or admission process for the online MPH program? Send us an email and we’ll be glad to answer your questions.
CEPH-accredited, rigorous program
This program is accredited by the , the national accrediting body for schools of public health and public health programs. The MPH-PHP program is offered by OSU’s College of Public Health and Human Sciences (CPHHS) and delivered online through Oregon State Ecampus.
Feel supported from start to finish
In this comprehensive and interdisciplinary program, you'll be supported by an experienced team of public health faculty, including a faculty advisor, an MPH internship coordinator, and the MPH administrative director, who will provide group advising sessions and support.
Oregon State Ecampus is widely considered one of America's best providers of online education. Our national prestige is based on rigorous criteria, which takes into consideration these factors and many others: faculty credentials and training, student engagement, student services and technology, student retention rate, degree selection diversity and academic quality.
Oregon State has a long, proud history of involvement in training people to promote the health of communities. The faculty who help make up your support system have rich and extensive backgrounds across all disciplines.
Benefits of earning your degree online from Oregon State University
- Classes are developed by OSU's renowned faculty, who have experience across public health disciplines and public health practice settings.
- With Extension offices located in all 36 Oregon counties, the CPHHS is the only School or College of Public Health in the nation with such a strong tie to Extension.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU's online students receive the same diploma and transcript as on-campus students.
- Complete the degree from anywhere in the world. This is a fully online degree with no travel requirements.
- Learn at your own pace with only one course per term (fall through spring) required.