Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management – Online
A multidisciplinary approach to tackling multifaceted issues
As the management and conservation of fisheries and fish habitats becomes increasingly complex, Oregon State's online Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management will provide you with skills and knowledge in biology, assessment science, and social science that are needed to understand and meet the demands of sustainable fisheries on both national and international fronts.
The program will prepare you to be the link between scientists, decision-makers and stakeholders when handling the multifaceted issues that come with managing recreational and commercial fisheries and fish habitat. Through quality courses, you'll acquire and practice skills in biology, economy, law and social science as you deal with issues across a wide range of perspectives and disciplines.
Learn in a nationally recognized program
Oregon State University's Department of Fisheries and Wildlife is respected worldwide for its expertise, and this graduate certificate is among the first of its kind to be offered online. Courses are taught by department faculty and delivered online by OSU Ecampus.
Additionally, the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife is part of OSU's College of Agricultural Sciences, which is recognized as a world-class leader in the industry.
Apply your graduate certificate toward a master’s degree
The specialized knowledge you gain through the fisheries management graduate certificate program may serve as a pathway to Oregon State’s 45-credit online Professional Science Master’s in Fisheries and Wildlife Administration degree or online Master of Natural Resources degree.
- Credits earned while completing your certificate may be applied to either master’s degree
- Connect with faculty who can potentially serve as your major professor for a master’s program
- Bypass the GRE requirement for MNR (and possibly PSMFWA) admission
- Apply to a subsequent master’s program at no cost
- Smoothly transition into the PSMFWA or MNR program as a currently admitted student
Students planning to use credits from a graduate certificate towards a master’s degree should discuss transfer credit policies with an advisor in advance.
Benefits of learning online with Oregon State University
- All classes are developed by Oregon State faculty who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same transcripts as on-campus students.
- Oregon State is a member of the Natural Resources Distance Learning Consortium (NRDLC), which includes 10 universities that work together to provide more than 300 courses online to agency professionals.
Bruce Dugger, Ph.D
Associate department head, director of online graduate programs
Susie Dunham, Ph.D.
Graduate program coordinator, academic advisor, instructor