Professional Science Master's in Environmental Sciences – Online
The business of science
The business world is becoming more dependent on scientific technologies, and there is an increasing demand for managers who have a strong business acumen.
Oregon State University’s Professional Science Master’s in Environmental Sciences (PSM ENSC) degree program is designed to provide you with cutting-edge training in scientific disciplines and education in business disciplines that are not included in traditional science master’s or doctoral programs.
If you have professional experience in environmental sciences, you can develop the necessary business acumen to be a credible leader that can bridge the gap between scientists and decision-makers. If you are planning a career change, the PSM ENSC internship can provide valuable experience.
This 45-credit program is delivered online through Oregon State Ecampus – a nationally ranked provider of distance education.
Strength in multiple disciplines
As a leading research institution, Oregon State University has exceptional strength in many natural and social sciences and is regarded as a world leader in fields such as agriculture, forestry, fisheries and wildlife. This high-quality, interdisciplinary program allows you to develop in-depth knowledge in one of nine carefully designed tracks:
- Environmental education and science communication
- Natural resources / sustainable food and energy systems
- Quantitative analysis / environmental data sciences
- Social sciences
- Water resources
- Climate change
- Sustainable business / environmental entrepreneurship
An essential part of your PSM ENSC program is an internship experience that replaces the traditional master's research project and thesis. This integrative learning experience gives you the opportunity to work directly with a business, industry, government agency, consulting firm, NGO or research institute related to your area of study.
You will engage in real-world work situations that involve technical challenges, teamwork, communications and decision-making.
Nationally certified program
Oregon State University's PSM ENSC program is recognized by the . You will receive a Professional Science Master’s certificate upon graduation.
Benefits of earning your degree online from Oregon State
- All classes are developed by Oregon State's world-class faculty, who are renowned for their research, expertise and innovation.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Oregon State is one of only two universities in the nation to hold land, sea, space and sun grant designations.
- Oregon State Ecampus is consistently ranked as a national leader in online education.
- OSU's online students receive the same diploma and transcript as on-campus students.