Oregon State Ecampus
by the numbers
OSU faculty partners
individual students who took one or more Ecampus class in 2018-19
students who have earned an OSU degree online since 2002
years in a row ranked top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
Oregon State University Ecampus is the catalyst for making educational dreams a reality. Whether you’re a working professional, a stay-at-中国体彩发布的官方app parent, serving in the military or simply looking to finish what you started, our top-ranked online degree programs help you move forward in life. Everything we do is designed to empower you and give you access to the high-quality education you deserve, no matter where you live.
Oregon State University’s roots in distance education stretch back to the 1880s when the university delivered “farmers’ institutes” in rural communities throughout the state. Oregon State’s first complete distance degree program was offered in liberal studies via correspondence and video in 1982, and OSU Ecampus – as the unit exists today – began delivering degree programs and courses online in 2002.
Ecampus has grown rapidly in recent years in order to meet the 21st century educational needs of learners throughout the world, with more than 70 bachelor’s and graduate programs available at a distance.
Learn more about our history in our interactive timeline.
Ecampus proudly serves adult learners in all 50 states and more than 50 countries. The people who enroll in Ecampus courses and programs consist of distance (off-campus) students – whose life situations make it difficult for them to attend courses on Oregon State’s Corvallis or Bend campuses – and campus-based students who may take an occasional online course due to a schedule conflict or preference for online learning.
Here is a student demographic breakdown for the 2018-19 school year:
- Approximately 55 percent of OSU distance students are women.
- Approximately 24 percent of OSU distance students live in Oregon.
- The average age of OSU distance students is 31.
- OSU students enrolled in 302,772 credit hours online, a 7% increase from the previous year.
- Distance students took 51 percent (154,093) of all Ecampus credit hours.
Senior writer and communications manager
Oregon State Ecampus is regarded as one of the nation’s best providers of online education and is ranked as such by various independent publications. Ecampus has earned and maintained distinction based on academic quality, student engagement, faculty credentials and training, student satisfaction and degree selection diversity among other criteria.
In January 中国体彩发布的官方app, the Ecampus online bachelor’s degree programs were ranked No. 5 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. It is Oregon State’s sixth straight year in the top 10.
Learning online at Oregon State University provides ample advantages that can’t be obtained at many other online universities. Here are some of the benefits that come with being an Oregon State Ecampus student:
- All Ecampus classes are developed by OSU’s world-class faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Ecampus students receive the same diploma and transcript as OSU’s on-campus students.
- Ecampus provides learners with student success counseling, 24/7 online tutoring, access to OSU Libraries, career services and countless other resources.
- Ecampus does not “offer” OSU degree programs online; we deliver them online in partnership with various colleges and departments on campus.
- Our name should be listed as Oregon State University Ecampus on first reference and as Oregon State Ecampus, OSU Ecampus or Ecampus thereafter. It is never hyphenated (E-Campus, E-campus) or stylized in any other manner (eCampus).
- All Oregon State units adhere The Associated Press Stylebook in web and printed materials for editorial style.
- OSU’s brand identity guidelines help govern how we present Ecampus and the university online and in print, video and other formats.